Midtown Café - FAQ and Discussion

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Midtown Café - FAQ and Discussion

Post by Butterfly »

How can I get rid of staff? I tried letting them get stressed out to make the quit. It does not work. Someone please help so that I can get rid of staff. I am only interested in temp staff right now so that I can have better profits since temp staff does not get stressed out and I seem to make more money using temp staff.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Butterfly, don’t send your staff on breaks. Don’t bump impatient tourists to the front of the line - this lets them get angry. These contribute to stress events. They should quit after 3 stress events, but I haven’t had that happen yet. I decided to actually try to finish this thing. I just unlocked the cash register - I really hope this makes payments faster, because they’re painfully slow without it.

By the way, a shift is 4 hours.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

Butterfly wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 20:55 How can I get rid of staff? I tried letting them get stressed out to make the quit. It does not work. Someone please help so that I can get rid of staff. I am only interested in temp staff right now so that I can have better profits since temp staff does not get stressed out and I seem to make more money using temp staff.
You should be able to get their unhappiness really low and they will quit.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
Butterfly
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Butterfly »

simmare wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:47 Butterfly, don’t send your staff on breaks. Don’t bump impatient tourists to the front of the line - this lets them get angry. These contribute to stress events. They should quit after 3 stress events, but I haven’t had that happen yet. I decided to actually try to finish this thing. I just unlocked the cash register - I really hope this makes payments faster, because they’re painfully slow without it.

Okay. I let them get stressed out with no breaks but they never have more than 1 stress event.

I agree - payments are horribly slow and I hope the cash register installation helps with payments. I just unlocked it too.
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Butterfly wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 02:05
simmare wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:47 Butterfly, don’t send your staff on breaks. Don’t bump impatient tourists to the front of the line - this lets them get angry. These contribute to stress events. They should quit after 3 stress events, but I haven’t had that happen yet. I decided to actually try to finish this thing. I just unlocked the cash register - I really hope this makes payments faster, because they’re painfully slow without it.

Okay. I let them get stressed out with no breaks but they never have more than 1 stress event.

I agree - payments are horribly slow and I hope the cash register installation helps with payments. I just unlocked it too.

You could also not give them time off - just let their happiness drain away. That takes more time, though.

The cash register only helps a little. Each transaction seems marginally faster, but tourists are also requesting more items, so it’s kind of a wash.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

simmare wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 23:47
Thank you!
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I‘m not always back in time to start the next tour. I either miss the 4th tour or have to pay 12 SP to start it.
Last edited by ErinPW on 09 Aug 2022, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed incorrect screenshot.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

ErinPW wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 05:13 I‘m not always back in time to start the next tour. I either miss the 4th tour or have to pay 12 SP to start it.
Wait, you have to spend 1 SP to be able to spend 12 SP? That just defies logic
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 07:19
ErinPW wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 05:13 I‘m not always back in time to start the next tour. I either miss the 4th tour or have to pay 12 SP to start it.
Wait, you have to spend 1 SP to be able to spend 12 SP? That just defies logic
Sorry for posting a screenshot with half the information :oops:
(I‘ll remove that one)

It should have shown this:
Attachments
90E5607E-7B62-4709-8B82-6E08997B6000.jpeg
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Well, I bit the bullet and started this…very anticlimactic!
I was afraid I was going to be stuck there for the whole shift and other things would suffer but, other than bumping up a couple tourists, I’m not really needed lol!
Updated town info in profile