Falling for Fall Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Falling for Fall Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

Here‘s a link to the official article: Falling for Fall Update

The Update will be available from September 5th, 10:30 pm UTC. (Subject to change.) (Source)

Update Version 5.71.-

Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
  • NEW 'Glamorous Getaway’ Live Event: 10-day event starting from 5 September
  • NEW Influence Island Season 29 Luxury Lounge: 10-day event starting from 5 September
  • NEW SimChase Season 47 Fall Feud: 9-day event starting from 16 September
  • NEW Influence Island Season 30 Wine Cellar: 10-day event starting from 25 September
  • NEW Maternity Pack 30: Start a 9-day pregnancy event between 28 September - 6 October and successfully complete all goals to win maternity rewards!
  • NEW SimChase Season 48 Autumn Aversion: 7-day event starting from 29 September
Reruns:
Hispanic Heritage Month Free Pack available from 5 September (Online Store)
Pride Paintings Free Pack available from 5 September (Online Store)
  • ‘Snow Problem’ Player Favorite Seasonal Quest: 13-day event starting from 18 September
  • 'Captivating Coast' Live Event: 10-day event starting from 5 October
  • SimChase Season 29 Garden Grapple: 7-day event starting from 9 October
  • Halloween Chocolatier Hobby Event: 7-day event starting from 9 October
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:

Base Game Improvements
New Inbox Notifications: In an effort to streamline pop ups and notifications, plus refresh yourself on what your Sims got up to during your last play session, we’ve designed a new inbox system for Sim and SimTown news! The envelope icon is located in the bottom right-hand navigation next to the town map (which now nests the Globe icon/Social button too). You will now be notified when your Sims finish actions, finish a work shift, get a promotion, when construction finishes and more! Your Inbox will also let you know what's happened in your SimTown while you've been away, and also give you the ability to go straight to the location of your Sim or completed construction via the new green map icon!

Active Tasks - Menu Refresh: Have you ever want to know what live events are coming up next or what you can look forward to, without checking out our blog notes? Well, we've refreshed the Active Tasks menu so it's more like a calendar and easier to navigate! You’ll notice that tasks are now split into two tabs: Active and Upcoming!

The ‘Active’ tab shows what is available to start now and what you’re still able to complete within the remaining time available. Check out the Upcoming tab to find a list of all the current update's Live Events! Events are ordered by the start date, and once they begin it will disappear from 'upcoming' and move into 'active'. When there is less than 24 hours to go until it starts, it turns into a countdown!

Hot Tip: Click the new magnifying glass next to the task to explore the event requirements in more detail. It will open an exploded view so you can have a closer look of the prizes you’re able to earn!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Influence Island: Gambling was much easier in season 29 "Luxury Lounge" (Unfortunately just for this one season.)
When opening the daily rewards there is a flashing hand to show the button to get back to the game.
The picture after resetting the game has been changed.
After tapping „Start a new game“ I was still able to decide if I want to download the latest saved data or not.
The tutorial when starting a new game has been changed.
Last edited by ErinPW on 17 Oct 2022, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Falling for Fall Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I really like the upcoming events section.
Updated town info in profile
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I like the upcoming events section too, but for the reruns, it says “completed” for only Snow Problem for me, while I know I’ve also completed the rerun live and SimChase events. Guess I just have to wait and see if the events show up for me or not.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
anoush
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by anoush »

It hasn't shown up for me yet but I think I did the one fall update awhile back didn't it come after the Gaudy event? this is different colors though.
meadowweaver40
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by meadowweaver40 »

It hasn’t shown for me yet either.
Level 55 and town value of over 400 million.
Dog and cat house next to billboard. Neighbor house next to party boat.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

I‘m playing on iOS and usually I have to go to my App Store, search the app, then tap the SFP icon to find the update button. If I wouldn’t know the update has been released, I would get it a few days late.
I don‘t know how one could find the update on Android, I just often read new updates will only show up if the Play Store App is up to date.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
cepezet
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by cepezet »

Pleasent changes at Influence Island: Gambling is much easier now, because they lowered the opponent‘s results range in many game rounds (often just 80 max, so that you cannot loose).
GC: cepezet
Lvl 59, TV >2bn
HFN: #1 East Side
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

simmare wrote: 06 Sep 2022, 02:36 I like the upcoming events section too, but for the reruns, it says “completed” for only Snow Problem for me, while I know I’ve also completed the rerun live and SimChase events. Guess I just have to wait and see if the events show up for me or not.
I’m pretty sure I’ve done the chocolatier event too and it doesn’t show “completed” either…just Snow Problem.
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

cepezet wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 06:21 Pleasent changes at Influence Island: Gambling is much easier now, because they lowered the opponent‘s results range in many game rounds (often just 80 max, so that you cannot loose).
Yes!! I noticed it was much easier too 🥰
tangerine
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by tangerine »

ErinPW wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 15:01
Base Game Improvements
New Inbox Notifications: In an effort to streamline pop ups and notifications, plus refresh yourself on what your Sims got up to during your last play session, we’ve designed a new inbox system for Sim and SimTown news! The envelope icon is located in the bottom right-hand navigation next to the town map (which now nests the Globe icon/Social button too). You will now be notified when your Sims finish actions, finish a work shift, get a promotion, when construction finishes and more! Your Inbox will also let you know what's happened in your SimTown while you've been away, and also give you the ability to go straight to the location of your Sim or completed construction via the new green map icon!
Does anyone know what they mean by the new green map icon?

Also, in my games, the envelope icon only shows when you're in map view. If you're at a house lot or a business it shows the social globe instead, which is silly since the globe is now located in the fly out menu under the map pin thingy. Maybe it depends on if you have an Android device or Apple. I noticed a picture on the girl who games' blog that her envelope icon does appear while in a home lot. I'm rarely ever in map view so the new envelope doesn't help me much.

Lastly, why does my tablet keep trying to auto correct "envelope" to "sh*t"?!? :lol: Writing this post was challenging. lol