Memphis Memories Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Memphis Memories Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The Update will be available from 7th of March, 2023, 9:30 p.m. UTC (Subject to change)
Source

Here‘s a link to the official article: Memphis Memories Update

Version 5.75.-

Events Calendar
Here are the playable event dates for this update (all dates in PST):
  • NEW Free Women’s History Month Artwork Pack: available from March 1 – 31
  • NEW SimChase Season 55 Office Opposition: 9-day event starting March 8
  • NEW ‘Memphis Mansion’ Live Event: 10-day event starting March 19
  • NEW Maternity Pack 34: 9-day event starting March 26
  • NEW SimChase Season 56: Multicolored Memphis: 7-day event starting March 29
  • NEW Influence Island Season 35 Retro Revival: 10-day event starting April 5
Reruns:
  • ‘Love is Blinds’ Hobby Event: 7-day event starting March 17
  • ‘School’s Out’ Live Event: 10-day event starting April 5
  • ‘Chocolate Egg Chase’ Player Favorite Quest: 7-day event starting April 7
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:

Base Game Improvements
  • Customizable Eyelashes – Create A Sim
    Eyelashes can really change your whole look! As part of the development that we’re continuing to invest in improving the appearance of our Sims, we’ve now made eyelashes customizable!
    Your preteen, teenager, adult and senior Sims are now able to select from two styles that range from natural to darker (or even remove them completely) to suit any style. Enjoy choosing out of the four color options and come in short and medium lengths.
    Select the new ‘Eyelashes’ category in the Create A Sim screen and the camera will zoom right up close to your Sims face to help with your decision making.
  • New User Interface
    For the first time since The Sims FreePlay released in 2011, we’ve refreshed our HUD user interface with a new layout that helps separate quests from limited time live events, so you can spend more time doing the things you love with your Sims.
    • New Active Tasks Icon
      Separating out base game content like professions, hobbies, quests plus Sim Springs, MidTown Café, and Downtown Developer makes it easier to level up your town!
    • New Live Events Icon
      Our calendar of limited-time live events and related live event tasks are now sorted together in this menu, so you’ll always know how to progress and what’s coming up next! This includes pregnancy, SimChase and Influence Island events.
    • Sim Tracker
      The folder has now moved to a more suitable spot next to your Sim Needs bar.
    • Player Level Icon
      Each time you level up, you'll see new helpful details of the quests and features that are now available to you!
    What do you think of the new changes? Visit any of our social media channels to let us know.

Women’s History Month
    Happy International Women’s Day, Simmers! The world of The Sims has always encouraged people to play with life equally —regardless of gender, race, religion, sexuality, or culture. This IWD, we want to thank our community of female identifying players from the past and present; for sharing your stories, pushing for fairness in your own lives; and making the Sims FreePlay community the greatest in and out of the game.
    ‘Women’s History Month’ Free Pack – available until 31 March, 2023 Redeem the exclusive artworks and wallpaper from the ‘Specials’ tab in the Online Store to refresh your home with decor illustrated by our development team! The designs are inspired by a group of diverse, influential women who have helped shape history with their work advocating for change and making room for others as authors, suffragette activists, scientists, astronauts, musicians and much more.
    Note: This Pack was available from 1st of March already, so you may have unlocked it already. Click here for pictures.

Pregnancy Animations Refresh
    In the spirit of equality and highlighting the incredible journey of pregnancy, we’ve looked at our existing animations for adult Sims and added a selection of interactions [that don’t have texture clipping issues] to expand the options that pregnant Sims in the second and third trimester. While we still have work to do in making pregnant Sims completely equal, they can now enjoy:
    • Waiting for a friend, casual chat, or absorbing chat when sitting on a sofa
    • Making Parp Tarts, fancy toast or plain toast when using a toaster
    • Petting and hugging any breed of cat
    • Shaking hands, praise and play with large dogs
    • Teach to beg, pet and give scratches to small dogs

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

The star rating of the Rustic Blue Cream Double Bed from the quest "Missing Claus" has been changed from 3 to 1 star.
    The star rating of the Christmas 2022 furniture has also been changed.

The Coffee and Milkshake makers can be used now.

Hopefully a bug: The game takes up to 40 LPs when creating a baby.
Last edited by ErinPW on 28 Mar 2023, 19:07, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Memphis Memories Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by simmare »

So no Berry Boulevard yet?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

simmare wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 09:46 So no Berry Boulevard yet?
In Behind The Sims last January they said "coming April"..

So I thought this is supposed to be shipped with March update logically, but they haven't said anything....
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

After seeing the prizes I think this theme has some potential.. :)

Memphis Mar2023.jpg

But I'm groaning inside, a cute bunny-themed garden set will be sold in the online store..
Bunny fences, fountain, bench and topiary for $13
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I am currently one Sim below my limit but I have a pregnancy event in progress. At the end of the simtracker, the button to add a sim works for me and maxed my limit…I deleted the new sim because I don’t want to mess up my pregnancy event…also, it just has a string of vacant houses to locate the new sim but you can’t tell which house is which. The option to add a sim to a specific empty house (the old way) is greyed out as I would expect.
Edit: scrolling farther (past the vacant house options) it shows my current households with the option to add to the family ranging from 19-33 LP depending on how many are already in the household.
Updated town info in profile
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Valgon wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 12:24

So I thought this is supposed to be shipped with March update logically, but they haven't said anything....
The last event for this update is scheduled to begin 7th April. Likely means that the new update should be announced a week after it finishes. Still time for the Berry Boulevard to be confimed to begin later in the month.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by 3luv4eva3 »

Don't think I'll be trying to hard this update. Still think the furniture is so ugly.
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 12
Version 5.76.0 - Live, Laugh, Loft

'low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

I agree. The furniture is really ugly. I’m all for having office furniture/machines, but not in those ugly cartoonish colors/patterns.

I think it’s going to take me a while to get used to the new interface. I keep looking for the Sim Tracker.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
Valgon
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Valgon »

3luv4eva3 wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 02:01
Valgon wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 12:24
*video
The last event for this update is scheduled to begin 7th April. Likely means that the new update should be announced a week after it finishes. Still time for the Berry Boulevard to be confimed to begin later in the month.
Oooh you're right!
I didn't even bother to check the dates since I probably will play all events anyway :D
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Maybe I’m going crazy…did this bed used to be 3 star?? :?
07CE669B-E6CD-457B-BDDE-5E15D02E4808.jpeg
Updated town info in profile