Handcrafted Homes Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
ErinPW

Handcrafted Homes Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by ErinPW »

The update will be available from 4th March 2024 9:30pm UTC (Subject to change)
Source

Here‘s a link to the official Blog Notes: Handcrafted Homes Update

Version 5.83.-

Events Calendar

All the upcoming playable events for this update are listed below (all dates in PST):
  • NEW NEW SimChase Season 70 ‘Baby Bounce-Off!’: 9-day event starting March 5
  • NEW Influence Island Season 47: 10-day event starting March 5
  • NEW ‘Serene Suburban’ Live Event: 13-day event starting March 14
  • NEW Premium Perks 3 Event: 10-day event starting March 14
  • NEW ‘Combed Back Eras’ Hair Hobby Event: 10-day event available March 18
  • NEW Pregnancy Pack 42: 9-day event starting March 22
  • NEW SimChase Season 71 ‘Citrus Contest!’: 7-day event starting March 26
  • NEW Influence Island Season 48: 9-day event starting April 1
Reruns:
  • ‘Chocolate Egg Chase’ Player Favorite Seasonal Quest: 7-day event available starting March 29
  • ‘Captivating Coast’ Live Event: 10-day event starting April 1
  • SimChase Season 44 ‘Imagination Altercation!’: 7-day event starting April 5
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

News:
  • The addition of pronouns allows you to choose your Sims’ gender identity.
  • Free ‘Ultimate Makeovers’ for your Sims, for the duration of the update.
  • For the duration of this update, you'll find exclusive new rewards from Paperboy. Head to a home lot, tap on Paperboy, and try to before they're gone!
  • Free-to-claim framed portrait paintings of Jane Austen, Sojourner Truth, and Frida Kahlo to celebrate Women’s History Month.
  • Architect Homes can now be found on the Online Store.
Assign your Sims Pronouns!
You can now let your Sims express themselves fully and freely by assigning their pronouns! Pronouns are a completely optional feature for your Sims. They can be assigned pronouns when creating a new Sim or by performing an "Ultimate Makeover" for existing Sims. For the duration of this update, 'Ultimate Makeover' will be free!
NOTE: Pronouns are only available with the English language setting.

Premium Perks are back!
Yup, you heard us. With this update, you can earn Premium Perks Points whenever you spend Social Points or Lifestyle Points in the game. Earn enough Premium Perks Points and fill your progress bar to unlock cool prizes! Make sure you’re tapping on the prizes to claim them. And, keep an eye on the timer as Premium Perks won't be around forever.

Women’s History Month
Celebrate Women's History Month with the Sims Freeplay by logging in every week to claim a series of three free paintings of iconic women who have shaped the world we live in. ***Starting March 1st, each week you’ll be able to claim one painting from the in-game Online Store. The painting series has beautiful portraits of English novelist Jane Austen, American abolitionist Sojourner Truth, and Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
***Edit March 7th: Painting #1 - 10th-16th March, Painting #2 - 17th-23rd March, Painting #3 - 24th-30th March. Source

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Changes:

Bugs
Last edited by ErinPW on 07 Mar 2024, 06:32, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Info on History Month paintings
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Handcrafted Homes Update - Infos, Changes, Bugs

Post by Debbilu_7 »

Was there always an option to teach a student at the pianos?
Updated town info in profile
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Debbilu_7 wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 14:49 Was there always an option to teach a student at the pianos?

The option came with the Live Event ‘Scholarly Château’ As far as I remember it‘s not at all pianos.
iOS 17.4.1

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

ErinPW wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 15:58

The option came with the Live Event ‘Scholarly Château’ As far as I remember it‘s not at all pianos.
[/quote]

Maybe that’s why I never noticed it?? The only one I ever use is the black lavish piano…the option is there now 🤷🏻‍♀️
Updated town info in profile
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Has anyone gotten any of the special paintings from the paperboy yet? Not sure how many there are, but I’ve landed on the same one 3 times and haven’t seen the others. So I have 3 free copies of SimGuruAmelia’s Lion in Orange.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 00:15 Has anyone gotten any of the special paintings from the paperboy yet? Not sure how many there are, but I’ve landed on the same one 3 times and haven’t seen the others. So I have 3 free copies of SimGuruAmelia’s Lion in Orange.
A friend of mine got three new paintings. They are not unlocked, just one of each in inventory.
iOS 17.4.1

KimmyO
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by KimmyO »

Hello I posted a question during the last update as this sim in a YouTube post appears to be talking on a cellular device. I really wanted to know if anyone knew how a sims could talk on a cellphone. Was that a possibly perk from a sim chase or some other event ? I can’t seem to find the answer :?:
Attachments
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9573.jpeg
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

KimmyO wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 08:18 Hello I posted a question during the last update as this sim in a YouTube post appears to be talking on a cellular device. I really wanted to know if anyone knew how a sims could talk on a cellphone. Was that a possibly perk from a sim chase or some other event ? I can’t seem to find the answer :?:
I’ve seen my Sims do this. Not sure when it started but it seems to be an autonomous action they sometimes do.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

lollipop369
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by lollipop369 »

ErinPW wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 06:11
simmare wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 00:15 Has anyone gotten any of the special paintings from the paperboy yet? Not sure how many there are, but I’ve landed on the same one 3 times and haven’t seen the others. So I have 3 free copies of SimGuruAmelia’s Lion in Orange.
A friend of mine got three new paintings. They are not unlocked, just one of each in inventory.
Are these brand new paintings, or are these just new Paperboy prizes of paintings from past updates? I seem to miss out on the paintings lately because they are not given for free or listed as new in the already-huge decoration tab
See profile for info-HFN, HH, etc.
GC1: Tia B. Jeanty=HP Handcrafted Homes Online Packs!
GC2: Tia B. Radcliffe=ER show Day 1/Midtown Cafè
GC3: Katyara B. Swyft=GoT Maternity
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

lollipop369 wrote: 09 Mar 2024, 14:45
ErinPW wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 06:11
Are these brand new paintings, or are these just new Paperboy prizes of paintings from past updates? I seem to miss out on the paintings lately because they are not given for free or listed as new in the already-huge decoration tab
They seem to be new paintings. I now have multiple copies of 3 of them - Lion in Orange, Giraffe in Yellow, and Paint Splatter in Pink. Not sure how many there are in total.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side